Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Liebster Award? Well, Thank You! Thank You Very Much!

It's been a while since I blogged. 454 days to be exact. I've had a rough year. Haven't felt much like sharing anything... especially humor. That has to change. The masses need to laugh, and they need to do it while baking muffins. My best friend Candace nominated my blog for the Liebster Award, and I'm really grateful. She was inspired as usual. This is the kick in the butt I needed.


The Liebster award is passed friend to friend, blogger to blogger, to those whom have in some way influenced your character, changed the way you think or feel, and/or let your mind fill with inspirational MAGIC! And to help introduce other readers, writers, or authors to share in the fun.  

The rules:

1. Acknowledge you belong in the blogging community, and that you ROCK! 

2. Nominate influential bloggers that you have admired, read, love, and let the world know it!

3. Give these lovely people a few questions.

4. Answer said questions.

5. Watch the world ignite with excitement.  Share!

There you have it... Hopefully I can do this justice. Who am I kidding? I'm going to answer the majority of these questions facetiously, and I'm going to be brief, because simply put, it's the kind of mood I'm in. Here are the questions Candace asked me:

1. Who has been a constant in your life, making you the person you are today?

My library card. I got him when I was eight years old. Library card has always been there for me. He's introduced me to literally thousands of characters, and I most assuredly wouldn't be the brilliant person I am today without him. Thanks for bringing the two of us together Mom.

2. What song would play at the quintessential part of your own movie?

"We Close Our Eyes" by Oingo Boingo. Except that Psych just used it for their quintessential moment. I really wish they hadn't done that. Season seven was just awful. So bad. Jump the Shark much? I digress. My second choice would be "How Soon is Now" by The Smiths... but only if my life continues in it's current depressing spiral.

3. List three literary characters that best represent you, or wish you had created.

David Copperfield. Big surprise. I adore his character more than any other because he taught me that it doesn't matter what circumstance I'm in, I can always do my best.

Harry Potter. He best represents me because people are in awe of him for being this super great wizard, and he's like "I'm just Harry." I can relate to that sometimes. I'm not saying that to be braggy. I'm merely pointing out that I don't always feel as super great as you perceive me to be. I have some major self esteem issues. Working on that.

Corrie ten Boom. Ok, I know she's not a fictional character, but dang. She was an amazing woman. I can't remember the last time I was so touched by someone's life story.

4. How do you inspire those around you?

See my above comment about David Copperfield... "My meaning simply is, that whatever I have tried to do in life, I have tried with all my heart to do well; that whatever I have devoted myself to, I have devoted myself to completely; that in great aims and in small, I have always been thoroughly in earnest."

Hmmmm. That'd be a great name for a blog.

5. What is the tagline for the book of your life?

I have literally sat here for an hour trying to think of something clever to say. I've got nothing. Zippo. Candace, I hereby bequeath this mammoth task to you. I figure you might as well write my tagline since you'll be the one penning the story of my life someday. Would you please make sure they give me a brilliant British accent when they make the movie adaption? Also, hidden magical powers. Thanks in advance. 

I nominate the following lovely people. Their online presence puts mine to shame:

Heather Morrison - redshoes595.blogspot.com Heather's devotion to her family & staying on top of their personal history is inspiring to me! 

Joy Candrian - xoxograndma.blogspot.com Joy is creativity personified. I really admire her crafting & Grandmothering skills! She also reads like crazy... I really love that :)

Michelle Dennamenumanaged.blogspot.com Michelle's gazillion online recipes make my twelve recipes look like... well twelve recipes. She's amazing, and I envy her Pinterest fame!

Angela Ferraraferrarafam.blogspot.com Angela manages her ten children with much more grace and humor than I do my with my five, and she still finds time to keep up a wonderful family blog. 

Here are my questions for you my nominated friends:

1. What is one book that you go back to again, and again? Your literary comfort food?

2. Which actress would you want to play you in a movie about your life? What actor would play your significant other?

3. How has social media affected your life? Could you live without it?

4. List your top five pet peeves. Being nominated for stuff like this can't be one of them ;)

5. Do you wish on stars? If yes, why? If no, why the heavens not? It totally works.

Thanks again Candace, for the honor of being nominated. More importantly though, for the honor of being best friends with one of THE cleverest people on the planet. I love you goopy girl :) Visit Candace's blog at: http://cani-jo.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Becky for the nomination! You're too sweet.

    ReplyDelete