Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Twinner Winner Baked Mac & Cheese

Heaven help my waistline, it's comfort food season.  There's nothing like coming home on a cold day to the smell of soup simmering on the stove, or a casserole baking in the oven.  Don't even get me started on homemade bread!  I'm putting on pounds just thinking about it.

To my prideful delight there has been over the last few days a huge surge of re-pins for my Easy Peasy Chicken Noodle Soup on Pinterest... It makes my heart happy that random people all over the world are making MY soup for dinner.  So I've felt a sudden urge (even though I'm ridiculously busy) to appease the mass demand for comfort food recipes that is currently trending on the nom-nom boards.

Without further ado, I now bestow upon you, my loyal friends & Pinterest followers: Twinner Winner Baked Mac & Cheese. THE best baked mac & cheese recipe, EVER.  Named after my twinner winners Spencer and Erik because they swoon & get cartoon hearts in their eyes every time I make it, and I always have to double the recipe 'cause they eat so much.  
Double the recipe. Twins. Get it? Food humor. 

You just drooled on your keyboard.

Twinner Winner Baked Mac & Cheese 
(Original recipe from my friend, Sariah Fuller...Thank you dear, my twins are forever in your debt)

1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (who am I kidding, I always use 3)
2 cups crushed corn flakes
2 tablespoons melted butter

Cook elbow macaroni until just done (don't let it get too soft!!). Rinse. Combine soup, sour cream, milk & cheese. Add the cooked macaroni.  Spoon evenly into a square casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Top with crushed cornflakes coated in melted butter.  Bake for 35 minutes at 350. If you double the recipe, increase baking time to 50 minutes.

My Twinner Winners Erik & Spencer... Oh how I love these two!!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I am not a huge mac fan, but this looks lovely. I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it, and so will your kiddos... even the picky ones! Spencer & Erik are notoriously picky boys, but they gobble this up & come back for seconds :)

      Delete