Saturday, April 28, 2012

Muffin Saturday Mornings

Since the beginning of time, well... maybe not that long, but for a really, really long time, the Halls family has partaken of the goodness that is Muffin Saturday Mornings.  We have muffins every Saturday morning.  I'm serious: Every. Saturday. Morning.  I'm pretty sure there would be a catastrophic break in the time/space continuum if we didn't.  Why risk it I say?


I'm a big believer that routines/traditions give our kiddos a feeling of security and peace.  For us, there's something comforting in knowing that no matter how crazy our world gets, or how bad the day before might have been, on Saturday mornings that wonderful sweet smell of muffins will permeate the house, and we'll feel content.



One of our favorites?  Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins... Mmmmmmmm :)  Want the recipe?  It's in the Ward Cookbook.  You're not in my ward?  I weep for you, I truly do.  It's the best neighborhood in the world... and the cookbook is only one of the million reasons why.  Fine, I'll post it... just promise to give credit to Kristine Birrell (stuff in parenthesis is from me).  Oh, and make them on a Saturday...

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

1/2 cup margarine (Or real butter!! Hello!!)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 & 2/3 cups flour
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips (Or two!!  Definitely two...)

Preheat oven to 400.  Cream butter, sugar and eggs.  Add pumpkin.  Combine flour, spice, soda and salt in separate bowl.  Add slowly to creamed mixture.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Fill muffin tins 2/3 full  (Spray muffin tins with cooking spray... paper muffin liners=yucky dry muffins...blech).  Bake regular size muffins for 20 minutes.  Bake mini muffins for 10 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. they look super yummy, and I love the fact that if someone does a search for the space/time continum that they will find this wonderful recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm hoping :) Nerds gotta eat too!!

      Delete